About this event:
The choice of career represents a major source of stress for young people. So imagine when this decision must be made in the uncertain and anxiety-provoking context of a global pandemic ...
We have seen it repeatedly in the media in recent months: the pandemic is having a particularly devastating effect on the morale and mental health of adolescents and young adults. But what about its effect on their educational and vocational guidance process?
Have young people taken advantage of the pandemic to think more about their career choice? Has their perception of certain sectors of activity, particularly those affected by the pandemic, changed? Do they want to work in health more or less? Or to become an entrepreneur? Are they more anxious about entering the job market? What can their parents do to better support them in their orientation process in times of crisis?
On February 16, as part of the Journées de la persévérance scolaire, Academos and Desjardins invite you to the unveiling of the report Impact of the pandemic on the career choices of Quebec and Canadian students , which is based on a large survey to which 4,200 young people responded. aged 14 to 30.
During this webinar, we will present the main findings of the report, in addition to offering advice to parents to help them better support their children in their career choice.
The people who will be speaking during the webinar are:
- Catherine Légaré , president and founder of Academos
- Guy Cormier, President and Chief Executive Officer of Desjardins Group and sponsor of Academos
- Josée Landry , guidance counselor and president of the Order of Guidance Counselors of Quebec (OCCOQ)
- Louis Cournoyer , guidance counselor and director of the master's degree in career counseling at the University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM)
- Ariane Cyr , Vice-President of the Quebec Network for Educational Success (RQRE)
Whether you are a parent of a student, working with youth, or simply want to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on youth, this webinar is for you!
All webinar attendees will receive the full report by email directly after the event.
Date And Hour
Tue, February 16, 2021
22:30 - 23:30 IST
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CHECK THE LINK BELOW:
Location not available