About this Event:
Amongst its many impacts, the pandemic has unfortunately exacerbated the dangers faced in the home.
This has highlighted the importance of workplaces and HR staff spotting signs of domestic abuse, and providing the right support to their employees.
Nearly a quarter of services have seen caseloads increase as a result of COVID-19 (SafeLives UK, 2020), so it is of critical importance now, more than ever, that employers are prepared to respond appropriately if an employee’s welfare is at risk.
This essential seminar has been created in order to understand the different kinds of domestic abuse and how to recognise the signs in order to act effectively. This is crucial, especially as domestic abuse frequently goes underreported, or is not reported at all.
What’s on the agenda?
- Clearing up myths and definitions: understanding domestic abuse
- Recognising its many forms: domestic abuse is not just physical
- Identifying sensitive approaches for affected employees
- What are the rules? Confidentiality, incident reporting and recording
- Mitigating external influences: how has COVID-19 impacted domestic abuse?
- Working together for effective referral: how HR can work cohesively with staff and external organisations
Date And Time
Fri, 5 February 2021
15:00 – 18:00 IST
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
Location not available