About this Event:
Behavioral Health providers / Dietitians / Counselors in training / Allied Professionals
- Develop skills in identification and assessment of clinical eating disorders, to include Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, and Avoidant-Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).
- Identify sub-clinical, common eating concerns, to include over-eating, under-eating, yo-yo dieting, emotional eating, exercise concerns, and poor body image.
- Identify and be able to utilize best practices and tools, which will include application of CBT, ACT and mindfulness-based interventions.
- Understand and be able to apply the Intuitive Eating framework to guide work with eating concerns.
What is Intuitive Eating?
The Intuitive Eating model, developed by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch, is an internally-guided process that restores one's natural ability to regulate eating. It is not a diet, but rather a relationship with food. Intuitive Eating is often considered the recovery model of choice when working with individuals with eating disorders as well as the more common challenges that many experience with eating.
Intuitive Eating based interventions can help individuals:
- Increase self-compassion and satisfaction with food.
- Guide eating and self-care using mindfulness and internal cues.
- Eat in a way that supports physical and emotional health.
- Lecture/ powerpoint
- Case Studies
- Experiential exercises
- Live case consultation
We will use the Zoom digital meeting platform.
8:15-8:30: Check in/ Start at 8:30
12:00-1:00 : Lunch break
4:00 End time
There will be short breaks every hour, throughout the day, as well as "on your own" activities away from the screen.
LCSW/LCPC/LAC will earn 6 hours of CE credits for full attendance.
Questions? Please ask!
Contact the presenter by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (406) 438-6439
About the Presenter:
Kyrie Russ, LCPC operates her private practice, Mount Helena Counseling, in Helena, Montana and specializes in the treatment of eating disorders, OCD, and anxiety related concerns. Kyrie practices primarily from a CBT and ACT approach. She is additionally a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, which has been instrumental in her own eating journey as well as her work with clients. Kyrie hopes this training will help therapists increase their comfort in working with eating concerns and inspire folks to learn more!
Learn more about Kyrie's approach and background: https://www.mounthelenacounseling.com/kyrie-russ-lcpc.html
Date And Time
Fri, Feb 26, 2021, 9:00 PM –
Sat, Feb 27, 2021, 4:30 AM IST
FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
Location not available